May 13, 2011

Ming the Merciless

I'm feeling a little full of myself right now because I just scared the kolaches out of my friend Josie Byzek on Facebook.  I sent through this link http://www.primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_universe/ to "The Interactive Scale of the Universe" and she got squeamish seeing a 7-metre-long earthworm.  Sissy.  It was long, yes, but it was virtually long.  That's a case of size not mattering if there ever was one.  And then Josie reposted the fright to freak out her friends.  You gotta love a woman like that.

Although "The Interactive Scale of the Universe" claims that man is not the center of the universe, Josie & I both agree that something just isn't quite right about this.  I can't really put my finger on it but I know that most everything seems to be revolving around me and I don't even have an established case of Meniere's.  I do have a case of Baby Boomerism, though, and this explains a lot.  Josie's friend Bruce jumped in, right off the bat, to make the doubtful claim that Ming the Merciless is at the center of the universe and offered up Ming's bushy eyebrows as proof.  It was hard to argue that point.

The long and the short of it?  I'm no longer plucking.  If that's what it takes to maintain my position at the center of the universe, then that's just what it takes.  Don't cry for me, Sargent Tina, I know which sacrifices are worth it and which ones aren't.  There's no way I'm going to get deposed by a giant earthworm or a hairy despot or even my friend Josie.  Not this year.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts' comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about this every time I use my OXO Salad Spinner. The real question is: how's your Boomerism coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... a 21-foot-long earthworm is pretty freaky, in my defense. ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about you, girl, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I do have an established case of Meniere’s and my world really does revolve around me I can testify that it's not always all it's cracked up to be ;o)

    ReplyDelete

end of twitter follow badge -->